The World Bank, the Army of Drones, the Ukrainian Veterans Foundation: the Ministry of Defence appointed new Deputy Ministers of Defence2023-09-27 19:05:00 | ID: 70793
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved three Deputy Ministers of Defence:
- Yurii Dzhyhyr — Deputy Minister, responsible for finance.
- Nataliia Kalmykova — Deputy Minister, responsible for social development.
- Kateryna Chernohorenko — Deputy Minister, responsible for digital development.
The main priority for new team members is our warriors, their life, health and dignity. The task of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine is to ensure respect for the dignity of warriors in all their interactions with the state.
Yurii Dzhyhyr — Deputy Minister, responsible for finance.
For the past three years, he has been advising the World Bank on the financial aspects of the reforms in the health care sector. In 2018-2020, he held the post of the Deputy Minister of Finance of Ukraine. Yurii Dzhyhyr has more than 20 years of experience in economics, including reform support, social policy and fiscal decentralisation in Ukraine, as well as in countries of Eastern Balkans and Central Asia.
Priority areas of activities: budgeting, financial control, resource management, analytics, audit to prevent corruption.
Nataliia Kalmykova — Deputy Minister, responsible for social development. Areas of activities: human capital, adaptation for military service members, military medicine.
Since February 2022, Nataliia Kalmykova has been the Executive Director of the Ukrainian Veterans Foundation. Prior to that, she worked an adviser to the Commander of the Ukrainian Ground Forces, and the Deputy Director of the Come Back Alive Foundation (Ukrainian: “Повернись живим”).
Priority areas of activities:
- People – reforms in personnel policy, development of an effective model of human resources management, digitization of processes, creation of the Armed Forces employer brand.
- Military personnel in civilian life - adaptation of the military service members, state guarantees, the mental health care system, building the Veteran Reserve Forces.
- Military medicine – digitalisation and reform of the military medical commissions, changing approaches to training in tactical medicine, no compromises on the quality of military first-aid kits, building a new model in the system of military medicine (from the tourniquets and evacuation vehicles to prosthetics an treatment of diseases).
Kateryna Chernohorenko – Deputy Minister, responsible for digital development.
Kateryna Chernohorenko – Head of the Army of Drones project. Since 2018, she has been the project coordinator of eBaby (Ukrainian: єМалятко) electronic service, Electronic Sick Leave service, and COVID certificates in Diia (Ukrainian: Дія) system.
Key areas of activities:
- People: implementation of the personnel accounting system of military personnel, digitalisation of the military medical commissions and hospitals, e-Military ID card.
- Technologies: focus on combat systems, implementation of a single design code and integration into the ecosystem. Full implementation of Delta system, legalisation and development of Kropyva (Ukrainian: Кропива) and eRockets (Ukrainian: єРакети) software, modernization of Pokrova (Ukrainian: Покрова) and Bell (Ukrainian: Дзвін) software.
- Processes: abolition of reporting in paper form, digitisation of logistics chains and of recruiting system. We are implementing real track metrics in reporting.