JFO News. Security situation UPD for 7 AM2020-02-24 09:50:23 | ID: 55918
On February 23, the Russian occupation troops have violated the ceasefire for 14 times.
The enemy shelled the JFO positions with 122mm artillery systems, 120 mm and 82 mm mortars which are forbidden by the Minsk agreements. The Russian occupation troops also used IFV armament, different grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and other small arms.
1 ceasefire violations was recorded in the area of responsibility of the task force East (Donetsk direction). The enemy used UAV to drop a grenade on the JFO positions near Talakivka settlement.
13 ceasefire violations were recorded in the area of responsibility of the task force NORTH (Luhansk direction).
- the enemy shelled the JFO positions near Krymske settlement with 120mm (5 mines) mortars , as well as grenade launchers and heavy machine guns;
- two times Russian occupation troops fired against our positions near Orihove settlement using 120mm mortars (29 mines);
- two times enemy shelled Ukrainian defenders near Novooleksandrivka settlement with 122mm (10 artillery shells) artillery systems, as well as 120mm (8 mines) mortars;
- two times Russian occupation fired against our positions near Luhanske settlement using 120mm (2 mines) and 82mm (9mines) mortars . The enemy also used grenade launchers and IFV armament;
- the enemy also shelled our positions near Kindrashivska Nova settlement with 122mm (20 artillery shells) artillery systems;
Moreover, Russian occupation troops shelled the JFO positions near Hutir Vilnyi (6 mines), Popasna (14 mines), Zolote – 4 (15 mines), Novozvanivka and Travneve with 82 mm mortars and different infantry weapons.
No casualties were recorded.
From the beginning of the day, no ceasefire violation was recorded.