JFO News. Security situation UPD for 7 AM2020-02-19 09:53:00 | ID: 55829
On February 18, the Russian occupation troops have violated the ceasefire for 22 times.
The enemy shelled the JFO positions with tanks, 152 mm and 122 mm artillery systems, as well as 120 mm and 82 mm mortars which are forbidden by the Minsk agreements. The Russian occupation troops also used IFV weapons, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and other small arms.
3 ceasefire violations were recorded in the area of responsibility of the task force East (Donetsk direction). The enemy shelled Pischevyk settlement with 82 mm mortars. Moreover, occupation troops fired against the JFO positions near Berezove and Shyrokyne settlements.
19 ceasefire violations were recorded in the area of responsibility of the task force NORTH (Luhansk direction).
- six times the enemy shelled the JFO positions near Krymske settlement with120mm (61 mines) and 82mm (10 mines) mortars, as well as IFV weapons and grenade launchers;
- four times Russian occupation troops fired against our positions near Novotoshkivske settlement using 152mm (45 artillery shells) and 122mm (15 artillery shells) artillery systems, as well as 120mm mortars (17 mines) and tanks (56 tank shells);
- two times enemy shelled Ukrainian defenders near Orihove settlement with 152mm (22 artillery shells) and 122mm (28 artillery shells) artillery systems, as well as 120mm (61 mines) and 82mm (30 mines) mortars. Occupation troops also used different grenade launchers;
- two times Russian occupation fired against our positions near Hutir Vilnyi settlement using 122mm (4 artillery shells) artillery systems, as well as 120mm (23 mines) and 82mm (25 mines) mortars . The enemy also used grenade launchers and heavy machine guns;
- for two times, the enemy shelled our positions near Zolote-4 settlement with 120mm (3 mines) mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machine guns;
Moreover, Russian occupation troops shelled the JFO positions near Popasna (16 122 mm artillery shells and 18 82mm mines), Luhanske (2 82mm mines) and Novoluhaske (2 82mm mines, grandee launchers and small arms) settlements.
Apart from that, the enemy tried to attack our positions near Orihove settlement. As the result of the battle, Ukrainian forces suppressed the enemy’s fire and stemmed reconnaissance group of the Russian occupation troops. There was no loss of Ukrainian positions.
As the result of the Russian armed aggression, 1 serviceman was KIA and 6 were WIA.
Ministry of Defense of Ukraine expresses sincerest condolences to family and loved ones of the deceased defender!
According to the intelligence data, as the result of the battle, 4 enemies were KIA and 6 were WIA.
From the beginning of the day, Russian occupation troops shelled our positions with 82 mm (15 mines) mortars, as well as grenade launchers and small arms against our positions near Lebedynske settlement.
No casualties were recorded.