Hero of Ukraine title
It was established by the Decree of the President of Ukraine № 944/98 dated August 23, 1998 to decorate citizens of Ukraine for a heroic deed or a laborious feat. According to this Decree the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has set privileges in salaries, social security and health care for the people awarded the Hero of Ukraine title.
- the title Hero of Ukraine is awarded following the Decree of the President.
- The Individual awarded the Hero of Ukraine title is presented the Gold Star Order for a heroic deed or the State Order for a laborious feat.
- The Hero of Ukraine title can be awarded posthumously.
- No one is entitled to deprive the individual of this award.
- The Hero of Ukraine title is presented by the President of Ukraine as a rule.
- It is the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada, the Prime-Minister, the Prosecutor General, Head of the Constitutional Court or Head of the Supreme Court, who can present the title on behalf of the President.
- The person awarded the Hero of Ukraine title is presented the order, order
miniature and the order book.
- The Hero of Ukraine title order is worn on The right side of the chest. In case the order is lost (spoiled) no duplicate is
- The President State heraldic and awards commission can present the copy of an order made of non-precious stone