Weekly update of the situation in the operations area of the Joint Forces from 11 to 17 November 2019 (Video)2019-11-18 12:39:00 | ID: 54075
Welcome to the Press Center of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine. Here is the weekly update of the situation in the operations area of the Joint Forces from 11 to 17 November 2019.
1. During the last week, the Russian Occupation troops continued to violate the ceasefire regime. The enemy actively used 120 mm and 82 mm mortars, which are forbidden by the Minsk agreements. Moreover, the enemy used anti tank missiles, grenade launchers and small arms.
Over the past week, from 11 to 17 November 2019, Ukrainian defenders’ positions fell under provocative fire by the Russian Occupation troops for 107 times. Thus:
On November 11, the enemy used 120 mm mortars to shell the JFO positions near Novoluhanske and 82 mm mortars against positions of Ukrainian defenders near Pisky and Hnutovo settlements.
On November 13, for three times the enemy used 120 mm mortars near Zaitseve and one time 82 mm mortars near Hutir Vilnyi settlements.
Also on November 14, in violation of the Minsk agreements, the Russian Occupation troops used 82 mm mortars against our defenders near Pisky and Orihove settlements.
What is more, on November 15, the enemy has fired 18 82mm and 5 120 mm mines.
Over the course of November 16 and 17, the enemy continued to use forbidden 120 mm and 82 mm mortars.
The situation in the operation area is under full control of the Joint Forces.
Our servicemen opened fire in response to suppress enemy activity using infantry weapons and by strictly adhering to the Minsk agreements.
2. As the result of the Russian armed aggression, 3 servicemen from the JFO were WIA. They were all transferred to the military medical facilities.
3. We want to inform with grief that 2 servicemen were KIA!
Ministry of Defense expresses sincerest condolences to the families and loved ones of the deceased defenders.
4. On November 14, once more, in violation of the international law, the Russian Occupation troops has shelled Akazia village near Avdiivka using different grenade launchers and small arms. As the result of such activity one house as well as civilian infrastructure were damaged. Fortunately, civilian population was not injured.
5. And now to the information from the Defense Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
According to the information from the Defense Intelligence Directorate, the Russian Occupation authorities have intensified its destabilization activity to further discredit the JFO. In such a way the number of fake video reports alleging that “JFO are involved in shelling of civilian population” which are deep fakes has increased. To fabricate such reports, different propagandist Russian media outlets were involved to such activity.
Russian occupation authorities received the order to foster the activity of these media and to provide them with so called “candidates for the role of the victims”. But at the same time, owners of houses on the frontline refuse to work with the “media” and the occupation authorities bring actors from other cities.
The Russian Occupation forces are also enhancing the frontline positions with antitank missiles and grenade launchers crews as well as snipers groups to further destabilize the situation in the zones beyond disengagement areas. Besides, reconnaissance units which were trained on the territory of the Russian Federation are also being sent to the frontline to conduct mining activities, destruction of infrastructure and adjustment of artillery fire.
Moreover, the Command of the Russian Occupation troops are also equipping new artillery firing positions including on the private territories which causes outrage from local civilian population.
This is all information for now. Glory to Ukraine!